TL;DR, the good bits: By using this site you agree not to do anything illegal, it's provided 'as is' without warranties of any kind.
🇪🇺 GDPR / Privacy TL;DR: We don't store a lot of data, and we don't use it for anything other than providing your user account. Your payment information is only used for payments. You control your data and can delete everything.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law. ScreenStyler is hereby to be refered to as "the service".2. Use License
In no event shall the company or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the company's Internet site, even if the company or a the company authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you. Please see 14. for information about Limitations in 3rd Party Software that is offered on the website.5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the company's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. the company does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. the company may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. the company does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.6. Links
Any claim relating to the company's web site shall be governed by the laws of the European Union without regard to its conflict of law provisions.9. No affiliation with Apple Computer Inc
This site is not affiliated with Apple Computer Inc, or any of their partners. All copyrights and licenses reserved to their respective owners.10. Content submitted by Users
The company does not claim ownership of the Content you place on your screenstyler.com profile. The company may quote, redistribute or reproduce in whole or part of your Content (if you have made it public) in order to promote your submissions on the site and/or the the partner sites, but only on a fair-use-type basis. By using this site, you agree to the following:
We handle any reports seriously and take swift action to remove any infringing content. Please report any violations of the TOS to us at [email protected]12. Payments
This service provides subscription based content. This content may be subject to change and enhancement. Upon cancellation of a subscription, access to subscription based content is disabled.13. Ads and Ad Networks
ScreenStyler does not own or develop the applications for which it provides Skins. This includes Rainmeter, RocketDock, and any Electron Based apps as well as associated IoT Providers. We are not held responsible for any damage to your computer caused by these apps. For more information, consult the End User License Agreement of the respetive apps.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
Who are we?
screenstyler.com is a service providing a tool to change the appearance of your Windows, Mac Desktop, iPhone or iPad Homescreen. It is not a data-centric entity and we collect as little data about our users as possible. The only data we collect is instrumental to the site’s core functionality – such as user accounts, skins database, ratings system and subscription status.
What information do we collect?
The following information is being collected:
• When you use Steam to login on screenstyler.com, your profile details are mirrored to create an account here.
• These profile details are provided by Steam’s OAuth and include only your account ID, Username, Tagline and Profile Picture (information such as email, passwords, profile details are not transferred and not available).
• When you create skins and submit them, they are also stored on our servers unless you delete them
• Star ratings and subscription status is stored on our servers
• Statistics may be collected using Google Analytics with respect to GDPR laws
How do we use personal information?
• Identification of your unique user profile and the skins made by you
• Account set up and administration
• Usage statistics and demographics
• Providing software as a service
When do we share personal data?
We do not share your data with 3rd parties directly. The content of the website is indexed automatically by Google Analytics for:
• Usage Statistics and Demographics
Where do we store and process personal data?
Your account on screenstyler.com, your skins, ratings and subscription status exist in a database in New York City, on a server managed by Digital Ocean.
How do we secure personal data?
The following security measures are taken to ensure the safety and integrity of your data:
• Encrypted Backups to prevent data loss
• Secure credentials to prevent unauthorised access, use, destruction or disclosure
• Encryption to restrict access to personal information
• End to end HTTPS encryption
• Measures to conduct privacy impact assessments in accordance with the law
• Staff training on digital security
• The administrators of the site cannot see or decode the account passwords.
• Login details (passwords) are salted in the case of an extremely unlikely data breach.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
Your data is stored on our servers for no longer than necessary. As you publish skins, they will reside on the site for as long as you desire them to be online and / or for as long as this service operates.
Upon deletion of your skins or your account (termination of the account also deletes your skins), the information is removed from the server.
Your rights in relation to personal data
• Through your account, you can see what information you’ve submitted, including your skins and ratings
• You may delete your account and all its associated data
• You may set your Profile as private, or yourself Username as Anonymous
• You may use most of the site’s features without submitting any personal data
• You may contact us for a list of all information we have on your account
Use of automated decision-making and profiling
Certain features of this site preclude moderation of content. Your skins may be deleted if they are determined to violate our Terms of Service. Moderation is discretionary.
How to contact us?
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, your personal information, or if you wish to file a complaint, please contact us at:
Linking to other websites / third party content
The screenstyler.com homepage contains links to partner websites. We do not endorse the products, services and/or views and opinions of our partners